Monday, February 23, 2009

Strawberries and Chocolate Cream

I wanted to serve strawberries and chocolate cream for Emma's recent Cinderella tea party, but couldn't find a recipe I liked. So I came up with my own and loved it so much, I decided it needed its own post. This was a perfect dish to share with friends who gathered for our birthday party on Valentine's Day.


Chocolate Cream

This recipe was delicious served with fresh fruit, but I can't wait to try it again with scones.

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/8 cup Hershey's cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
Chocolate curls, optional

With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla, and whip until stiff. Chill until ready to serve. Spoon the cream into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe the cream into a serving dish. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin