Friday, December 28, 2012

A Birthday Surprise

 

"There are three hundred and sixty-four days
when you might get un-birthday presents,
and only one for birthday presents, you know."
-- Lewis Carroll


 
Despite any jitters I had about turning 40 yesterday, I enjoyed the loveliest of celebrations. Joe made the day magical with afternoon tea with the family, a romantic dinner for two, fluffy pink birthday cake and sparkling surprises throughout the day.

I think 40th birthdays go better with jewelry, don't you? To celebrate this milestone, I would like to give you a little gift. This line of vintage-inspired gemstone jewelry is precious to me because when our family mourned my mother's passing, I bought rings with her August birth stone for my sister, sister-in-law and me so we could remember the gift of her life. In celebration of birthdays, the white topaz silver necklace pictured is a gift for a follower of A Little Loveliness. Please leave a comment below to enter this giveaway, and I will announce the winner soon (unfortunately, U.S. readers only due to shipping).



Congratulations to mother and high school teacher Cindy, who won last week's Kohl's Cares cookbook giveaway. Cindy, please e-mail me your contact information.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin